July 26, 2017
Job Opportunity > Siena looking for a Chief Estimator
The Chief Estimator is responsible for managing from inception to completion the preconstruction process for all projects assigned to this role. This process includes but may not be limited to budget development/submission, detailed and comprehensive quantity takeoff, accurate cost evaluation, subcontractor/supplier bid solicitation, subcontractor/ supplier scope/qualification/cost evaluation, risk evaluation, and bid submission. The Chief Estimator is also responsible for final approval of bids/budgets prepared by assigned personnel, management of subcontractor/supplier relations, and continual development of preconstruction procedures/processes.
This position requires a forward-thinking, progressive, dynamic leader who has excellent personnel management skills, an internal and external focus, and the desire to be promoted in a growing company.
The Chief Estimator is a management position that reports to Siena’s Directors. This position coordinates with other management and Chief level positions within the company in order to share information, ensure streamlined processes across departments, and achieve the business plan of the company.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Actively assists with development, management, and implementation of preconstruction training, and assists in tracking/maintaining preconstruction personnel certifications and accreditations.
- Actively build subcontractor/supplier database and relationships to ensure the best pricing.
- Manages the effective standardization, organization, preparation, and proper distribution/submission of preconstruction solicitations, qualification submissions, company information, and other preconstruction-related correspondence associated with projects assigned to this role.
- Performs and/or manages the project qualification, solicitation, quantity survey, scheduling, scoping, clarifying, and pricing effort for assigned preconstruction projects resulting in well-organized, professional correspondence and reports.
- Prepares properly qualified and clarified conceptual budgets based on minimal information.
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting preconstruction cost databases.
- Analyzes alternative means and methods to determine the most economic preconstruction alternative.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company vision, mission, and core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Perform turnkey estimating duties from time of project’s introduction to company to beginning of construction
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes.
- Ability to professionally operate in a fast-paced environment maintained by a company in a positive, controlled growth mode.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and values that are above-reproach.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program.
- Possess at least seven (7) years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least three (3) years of service dedicated to preconstruction.
Please email cover letter and resume to George Poulos and Terrence Hayes at: firstname.lastname@example.org